***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Monday, September 5, 2016

Thanksgiving art with Rebecca Baer Stencil




Happy Labor Day!! 

Fall is here!  I am so ready! I love the colors of fall, the weather, pumpkin spice mix-I love it all!

Today I'm sharing with you a 5x7 canvas I quickly made with Rebecca Baer stencil and DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint.  It's so easy -but makes a great statement!


Here's what your going to learn how to make!!


I started with a coat of Autumn Red. Dry thoroughly.

 Next using a palette knife, I applied a coat of Rebecca Baer's Stenciling Gel 

over top RB Honeycomb Stencil  -I used the 5.75x5.75, but they come in 3 different sizes.

 It's white when you put it on, but allow it to dry overnight and this is the result!  Like magic!!

 Then I painted a coat of DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint Moon Yellow. Wipe it off with baby wipe. Apply another coat and wipe off.  The stencil gel is a resist to the top coat of paint. Everywhere you've applied the gel is going to show the first layer of paint used.

 This I added some embellishments and voila!  My finished product.  This 5x7 canvas will fit in a 5x7 frame -just take the glass out and display for all to enjoy.


 I hope this will inspire you to make some fall themed decorations for your home!

Happy Fall Y'all!!

 


No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...