Skip to main content

DecoArt Americana Paint is best for Gelli Prints


I love making gelli prints.  I've used a variety of types of paints.  The best I've found is DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints.  The consistency of the paint is perfect for spreading on the gelli plate. 


 On all the background gelli prints I used DecoArt Jacobean Floral stencil and the following Americana paint: Autumn Red, Antique Rose, Cadmium Yellow, and Moon Yellow. I changed which order I was putting them on the plate.

This first one I embellished with Unity Stamps I'm so Happy and

Ribbon by Really Reasonable Ribbon.

 New Dawn Rooster by Unity Stamps and Wild Orchid Flowers.



 This last card-you can really tell how using numerous gelli prints together is like having matching designer paper!!  Except you created it yourself!

The sentiment is from Unity Stamps, flowers from Wild Orchid and Flourishes.

I hope you're inspired to design your own cards. Everyone loves getting a handmade card!


Entering the following challenges:

Mojo Monday challenge 464-last card is using their sketch of the week.

Word Art Wednesday 246-247- Anything goes

Really Reasonable Ribbon 148- Autumn Theme with ribbon


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…