***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Monday, April 20, 2015

No stamping-Mother's Day card=WOW!!!!


 Happy Monday!
 Mother's Day is coming up and I've been making cards like crazy!  The Altered pages collages have some of the best images to use!
This one comes from 1731D Bits and Pieces.  When receiving a collage sheet, there are numerous images on one sheet.  What works the best for me is to crop the pictures in Microsoft word and then resize them in Paint. Works like a charm!

The bottom layer (image 1) I took a paint brush and rubbed some gesso around the edges and then sprinkled extra fine glitter around the edge and allowed to dry.
Layering designer paper really gives depth and dimension.

I wrapped a piece of seam binding around the postcard images after adding it to another piece of designer paper.
Add it to the background with foam dimensionals.  Then added flowers around the edge. I did the same technique on the flowers -adding gesso with a paint brush and then sprinkling glitter on top of it while wet.  Close up of the flowers (image 3)

The four corners is a piece of extra lattice I had cut in my stash. I cut it out more to create some corners.  In the end, I added flat back pearls to them as well.

There are so many collage choices -it's hard to choose which one to use, but I bet you'll find several you could use that you'll love!

 Go over to Altered Pages blog daily to see inspiration from our design team.


Altered Pages products:
KaiserCraft 6 1/2 inch paper pad
gesso
collage sheet

Karen's stash:
flowers
glitter
seam binding
foam dimensionals

No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...