***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Monday, January 5, 2015

Journal Page Front 2015

Happy New Year!
My first project for the new year.
Altered Pages is partnering with DecoArts this month!!
 
I wanted to share with you their Metallic Luster products.
I'm starting a prayer journal for 2015.
While thinking about wanting to draw closer to God, I was thinking about how I want my heart to be like his heart. I want to love others, have compassion, grow closer to Him.
 
I made a 4 layer heart with cardboard. Each layer fourth an inch smaller so they would stack.
Glued them together. Applied texture paste around the edges and on top.
I used a Glitz texture roller on top to create some dimension. Allow to dry overnight.
Painted the whole thing brown.
Painted a coat of DecoArt White Antiquing cream.
Once dry, you take a damp rag and wipe off as much as you want-leaving
behind the white in the crevices.
Now time for the fun & transformation!!
using a soft rag (I have cut up tshirts) you rub on the wax.
I started with some red, then brown & topped it with some gold.
Using DecoArts lacy doily and some gesso, I did some stenciling around the page.
 I cut slits in the designer paper to make room for the heart to nestle inside. Even rubbed a little white antiquing cream on the edges of the paper!
 I layered flowers (using my finger I hit the edges in some gesso to tone them down) around the heart.
 I added foam numbers and outlined them with a black Faber castle pen. Added some corner stickers.
 I wound the fiber around the flowers to indicate how my heart and God's are going to mingle together!!


 Here's a peek at the depth of God's heart! His heart is HUGE! His love for us is HUGE! 

If you'd like to see a video tutorial on this -check it out at Altered Pages Blog
The Altered Pages store sells lots of the products I've used today.
The store for DecoArt products is-HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope your 2015 is a happy and healthy one!!



 

No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...