***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Mixed Media: Stamping with Deco Art

Love mixed media but don't know how to start?
Grab a canvas or piece of MDF.
 
I glued down ripped pieces of a Paris themed calendar using gel medium. Once dry, cover in a watered down coat of off white acrylic paint. Dry. (when drying you can let air dry or use heat tool)
 I rubbed Phthalo Green-Blue around the edge with my finger. (Yes-I like getting messy!) Rub a little Carbon Black over top of that.  Then I mixed some Dazzling Metallics glaze in with Raw Umber and covered the whole thing-rub some back off with a soft t-shirt (recycled). Gives a great antique feel with a slight shimmer.
 I did some stenciling, some stamping (use black stazon) and did an image transfer.
 More stamping using Deco Art Media Simmer Mister (Violet) mixed with Acrylic Red Violet.
 Had made some flowers by stamping on Glossy Photo paper and using a watercolor technique with Deco Art Media Shimmer Misters.  Fussy cut them and added to canvas with dimensionals.

Stamped my girl (Unity Stamps) and colored her with Tradition Acrylic paints.

Entering challenges:
Mixed Media Place: dimension
Word Art Wednesday challenge #163
PaperArtsy December Challenge (inspired by Leandra Franich)

Shop HERE for Deco Art Products
 
 
 
Stamps used:
Unity: She Sprouted Wings
Key to Today
Andie Girl
PaperArtsy: Eclectica by Lin Brown
Have a blessed day!
Karen Conner

No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...