Followers

Search This Blog

Loading...

Translate

Friday, May 30, 2014

Thank You Mixed Media Challenges


I've heard people talking about gelli plates.  Don't have one, but was so inspired by Steph Ackerman at Eclectic Paperie-that I had to try something!!

I've had a couple of rubber shims to use with my Big Shot-but I don't use them!
I put some globs of paint on them, rolled over them, laid my Stencil by Retta on top and started playing!
Make no mistake about it-it was Messy!!  Reminded me of finger painting mess! LOL
But it worked!!

Below are some examples.  The right side I rubbed while the stencil was on top of the paint. Didn't get much color so I took the stencil off and rubbed the left side over top.  Look at the nice texture!!

 Here's another example.  I sprinkled black and purple paint watered down using a paint brush.
 Below is another example.
 My finished product!!  I inked the edges with Denium Blue distress ink.  Added a fussy cut stamped image from Unity Stamps.  The sentiment is a Stampin Up stamp (stamped with black stazon)

I LOVE how it turned out.  Can't wait to turn the rest of the pages into treasured cards.
 I'm entering:  
Eclectic Paperie challenge with stencils
Simon Says Stamp "Let's get Artsy"
The Artistic Stamper: The garden
Unity Stamps: Friends with Flair

Post a Comment