***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Monday, December 9, 2013

"Who" loves Owls?

This box started life as a Clark's Shoe Box.
 
I gesso inside and out.
The outside I then painted a cream color.
Got my stencils out and went to work!
 
I sponged Traditions acrylic paint and Ranger distress paint.
Don't forget to turn your stencil over & press the opposite side down for
a really cool look too!
 I hand drew my owls, tree limb and leaves and paper pieced them onto my box. Used gelatos and watered down burnt umber paint to go around the edges.  Used Liquitex Matte Medium gel to glue everything down. (I need to own stock in that company-I use so much of that stuff!! LOL)
When done, seal the box with either more matte medium or spray varnish.
Can you see my Paper Artsy stamps in the background?  I love altering boxes.  Makes a nice gift or a great way to store everyday items.  I hope your inspired to try it!

I'm entering in the Sarah Hurley Challenge and Simon Says Stamp where you have to create your own background.
Entering The Artistic Stamper challenge where anything goes!
 

2 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous card, love your owls and great background.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Unknown said...

I love owls, they are gorgeous, and so is the card you have created.

Thank you for joining us at the Sarah Hurley Challenge.
Merry Christmas to you!

Claire x

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...