***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Happy Holidays to PaperArtsy

I was inspired to make this arch with a technique done by PaperArtsy designer Joanne Wardle.
I painted the gesso'd chipboard with a teal blue acrylic paint. Covered it with crackle glaze and let it dry overnight.  Then I painted with cream acrylic paint.  I got some awesome cracks!
 
Then I stamped the song stamp from Tim Holtz Christmas stamp set with brown Archival ink.
I used several colors of distress inks.
Stamped the sentiment with Black Stazon.
Stamped the pine with pigment ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder.
I stamped the Santa image on mixed media cardstock and colored with oil pastels.
I coated the white parts with snow writer.
 Added red and clear bling to finish it off.
Here's a close up showing the cracks.  Love it!

Just over to PaperArtsy to get some inspiration yourself!



8 comments:

Etsuko said...

Wow It's a gorgeous tag Karen! Amazing crack effected and beautiful bling.
Etsuko xx

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful tag!! Hugs!

joanne wardle said...

That's lovely. I especially like the gems.

Darcy Marshall said...

Great crackling!

Trish said...

A gorgeous tag!

laury55 said...

wow your tage is fantastic with the craks

Lisa Minckler said...

You have a magical way with crackle! I am in awe of how vintage festive this looks. WONDERFUL tag Karen :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic tag! I love the crackle & the Santa looks so dimensional.

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...